Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Makeup Artist Spotlight

This week we are shining our Spotlight on Sr. Makeup Artist, Christi Thorsen (With a Cherry on Top).  Christi has been with PMS since just after it was "an apple in Katie's eye", lol.  If you haven't yet noticed, Christi has a little *ahem* thing for Cherries, ok so more like an OBSESSION! lol  Which was the inspiration behind the Christi Fairy
But here's the real life beauty (who's done an amazing job losing a "few" pounds!)

Christi does wonderful things with ribbon and I just LOVE her color combo's!!  Here is Christi's favorite card, I just love the pinks and the softness of the card!
I have several favorites of Christi's, but I keep coming back to this one.  I just love Arelia, she's the perfect little Dress-up girl and Christi did an awesome job with her!!  Just gorgeous.
I have "known" Christi since before my PMS days, but I really have gotten to know her while on PMS.  She has an amazing way of encouraging people to do things they didn't think they could.  She has an fabulous sense of style, incredible will power and is just the sweetest thing!  Don't take my word for it... read below and get to know her yourself.

1.     When did you get started stamping?  It seems like forever ago and just like yesterday at the same time! LOL  I started scrapbooking in June of 2007 to keep my sanity! At the time I had an 11 month old and a 2 year old and Mommy needed something for her! A friend of mine turned me onto Splitcoast and that’s when I realized I was more of a card maker than a scrapbooker and it was all downhill from there! Hahaha!!

2.     Tell me 5 songs or artists on your iPod right now.  I grew up with parents that had their own rock band so music is in my blood. I love pretty much everything and if I don’t love it I at least appreciate it! LOL  Jamiroquai is one of my all-time favorite bands.  Most people have never heard of them and if you haven’t check them out.  They are amazing!  I am so in love with the lead singer that my second son’s middle name is inspired by him! Yes..I’m that insane.  I have a lot of classic rock like Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd, heavy metal like Nine Inch Nails and Metallica, and I’ve been on a rap kick lately and am loving Lady Gaga and Fergie.

3.     All Stylists have a go to accessory or tool... what's yours?  OK this is a tough one!  How can you choose just one?!  If I could only have one accessory it would have to be ribbon.  I *must* have ribbon on my cards or it drives me nuts!

4.     What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Rocky Road baby!!  Big time chocoholic here!!

5.     Where do you find inspiration?  Definitely from other stampers.  I spend a lot of time looking at blogs and Splitcoast and get a lot of inspiration from other people’s art.

6.     Do you have a favorite technique or style?  Back in the day I was a layer queen!  My cards weighed 5lbs back then because I had so many layers! Hahaha!! Lately I’ve been more on a simple kick and the “less is more” approach.  I think this fits my personality a lot better. J

7.     What is your favorite color palette?  At the moment I am loving my chocolate! LOL  I have also been loving teal and of course red is my favorite color so red, black, and white!

8.     When your 'mojo' takes a spa day without you, what gets your creative juices flowing again?  Well, this happens more than I care to admit! Hahaha!!  The first place I go is to Splitcoast.  There are so many amazingly talented women on that site its not even funny.  I swear I’ve spent hours browsing and oohing and ahhing at some of the creations on there.  If I’m still not inspired I’ll go to some of my favorite blogs and see if I can gain inspiration there.  I also will go back through my own gallery and see if one of my old faves gets those creative juices flowing again!

9.     When you aren't stamping, what do you like to do?  Fitness is a huge part of my life.  I would love to go back to school and become a personal trainer as well as a dietician.  Food just fascinates me!  I am also an avid reader of pretty much anything I can get my hands on and I’m also am a writer though I haven’t written anything in a long time.  I tell everyone that my children gave me writers block! LOL!!  I also enjoy hanging out with my family and my friends.

10.  Tell us something, not stamping related, about you...  Wow is this a broad question!  There is so much I could tell you about myself!  I’m insane for one! I know everyone thinks I’m sweet, which I am, but I am also a big-time goofball.  I love laughing and joking with people and love to make someone smile.  I think that is the biggest reason I’ve stayed making cards for as long as I have.  When you give someone a handmade card and you see their eyes light up when they realize that you made that just for them, well there is no greater feeling in the world to me.  I have a very giving heart and cardmaking is just the thing to nurture that spirit.

Well I hope enjoyed this look at the talented Miss Christi as much as I did.  You can leave her a comment here, or better yet, surf on over to her blog, check it out and leave her some love there! :)

4 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

Gorgeous cards!

Tina said...

Gorgeous work from a gorgeous gal! Christi, you are awesome!

FibreJunky said...

Christi is one of those whose blogs I look at when my mojo takes a vacation...

Unknown said...

Great profile Christi! I can't believe you listen to Nine inch Nails! LOL