Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Makeup Artist Spotlight

This week we are Spotlighting Senior Makeup Artist Tina Hale (Wooded Views).   As I am driving down the Southern California freeway to work everyday, I think  about the "wooded views" Tina has because I just LOVE where she lives... HOLY SNICKERDOODLES... I wanna driveway like hers (as long as we can hire out the snow shoveling ;)).

This is Tina's favorite of her PMS creations, here's what she said about it, "It's one I made recently for the Makeup for the Weekend challenge. I like it because it came together quickly, was exactly what I imagined it to be, and the colors are striking. I like all the layers I was able to incorporate without overdoing it."

I went snooping around Tina's blog to find MY favorite but I couldn't narrow it down to just one (I mean she's been on the team since the very beginning and there were lots to choose from!), so these are my two favorites.  This one I love because her coloring is just gorgeous!  She did a fabulous job with the sky & grass too!!!

And this one I love because of all the details!  The gloss and shimmer of the fruit, all those layers and the bling!!  Just beautiful!
I've had a little more time to "get to know" Tina than I have with some of the other DTers.  In addition to being just the sweetest thing, she just cracks me up!  I love "chit chats" with her because she always makes me giggle!  One of things I admire about Tina's stamping is that her CAS cards are just as beautiful as her "very" detailed cards!  Here's a little more about Tina...

1. When did you get started stamping?  About 3 years ago. I went to a stamping party and that was all she wrote. And, although I have always been somewhat crafty, stamping is my outlet for all the stress in my work life and I am so glad I found it. 

2. Tell me 5 songs or artists on your iPod right now.  Can you believe I don't have an Ipod? I am so far behind the times. 

3. All Stylists have a go to accessory or tool... what's yours?  I guess mine would be ribbon. I have very few cards without some sort of ribbon or fiber. I also love little pops of black on my cards and projects. It always adds a little  oomph.

4. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream?  Well, ice cream is my weakness and is hands down my favorite type of dessert. Trying to choose a favorite flavor is much like choosing s favorite child. I always reach for Butter Pecan with Turtle Tracks running a very close second.

5. Where do you find inspiration?  I love color and am usually drawn to things that have lots of it. Typically, these things are found during shopping excursions or looking through magazines and ads. Thank goodness for a camera on my phone, I can just snap a photo to use later on.

6. Do you have a favorite technique or style?  I love making cards with lots of layers, the more the better. I also like cards with clean lines. I am not a technique girl at all, I want to try so many, but fear always wins out.

7. What is your favorite color palette?   I am really loving chartreuse, aqua, and white at the moment. But, red and turquoise is a classic.

8. When your 'mojo' takes a spa day without you, what gets your creative juices flowing again?  My mojo has been on vacation since May, but I have been inspired recently with some sketches. And, when I receive a new stamp or product, it tends to make me want to craft.

9. When you aren't stamping, what do you like to do?  I love to cook and am always on the lookout for new and interesting recipes. I grew up in a family that never tried new things and I strive to be a more adventurous eater. Not wild game or anything, but something different than the same old meat and potatoes dinners. Exotic ingredients, different cooking techniques, and unique flavor combinations. I also love reading, at least when I get the chance to.

10. Tell us something, not stamping related, about you...  I love the HBO series True Blood. LOVE

That's all I have for you today on Tina.  You can leave a comment for her here or better yet head over to her blog, check out some eye candy and leave her a comment there (make sure you tell her I said "hey").


5 comments:

dawnmercedes said...

such fun to learn more about you...just yesterday I was thinking that red and turquoise ia a pretty neat color combo too!

Christi Flores said...

This just made me fall more in love with you Tina! LOL

Risa said...

Congratulations Tina and thanks for sharing all of these awesome facts about yourself! I love butter pecan ice cream and I'm "Cwazy" about True Blood also!!!!
Have a great day and keep up the fabulous work!
hugs
Risa:)g

Lisa Kind said...

Love Tina too! Such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Love love love this!! Tina's the BEST!! They just don't make 'em like her anymore!!!